Talk

Advanced search

CV help

(6 Posts)
HypodeemicNerdle Mon 17-Aug-15 11:34:26

I currently have a very part time job (1 hour a day in term time) but I need more work. There is no scope to extend my current hours so I am on the job hunt. The trouble is there is something in my application process that is putting off potential employers and I don't know what it is. I have previous experience in finance and reception work but despite applying for lots of similar jobs I very rarely even get my application acknowledged let alone get anywhere. I need a part time job, I can't start before school drop off as I have no one to drop the kids but other than that I can be flexible.

Where can I look for hints and tips about actually landing a job?

Heels99 Mon 17-Aug-15 11:38:14

I think not being able to start before school drop off could be am issue cant you use a breakfast club

Onedayinthesun Mon 17-Aug-15 11:41:34

My daughter got info and advice on her CV and preparing for interviews from a website called interviewcoachingclub.com

HypodeemicNerdle Mon 17-Aug-15 11:52:20

The breakfast club at school is already oversubscribed so I doubt we'd get a place, I'm only applying for jobs that fit my criteria though and not mentioning any restrictions at application stage.

I'll have a look at interviewcoachingclub thanks

Roger007 Sat 24-Oct-15 18:23:21

How did you get on? If you'd like someone to scan your CV, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

yeOldeTrout Sat 24-Oct-15 18:53:10

Can you work in afternoons & evenings, then?
Care work is usually available.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: