Talk

Advanced search

where to look for vacancies

(10 Posts)
ScandinavianMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 12:17:32

I am relocating to the UK with my husband and children. where we currently live there is líke one main website where you can find pretty much every vacancy advertised.. is there such a thing in UK? Or have any of you any good advise on where to look? I am mainly interested in charities, NGOs etc - and Cambridge-area..
any help is much appreciated

GraysAnalogy Mon 03-Aug-15 12:20:05

vacancies in what? What sort of work?

PerspicaciaTick Mon 03-Aug-15 12:22:26

You can start with the gov website www.gov.uk/jobsearch - you don't need to login to search for jobs but some jobs expect you to be logged in to apply (but once you find a job, google and little and you may well find an alternate route to applying via the organisation itself or the agency they are using).

The big agencies are useful - Reed etc.

However, I've found that a lot of not-for-profits seem to advertise only on their own websites - so you need to build a list of ones you are interested in and then either subscribe to their job updates or check regularly.

GraysAnalogy Mon 03-Aug-15 12:28:24

Indeed.co.uk

ScandinavianMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 12:42:34

fundraising, organisational development, admin, governance..

MarvellousCake Mon 03-Aug-15 12:51:23

Cambridge area = subscribe to the University of Cambridge jobs vacancy emails - you can select the type of roles you're interested in and get a weekly email. www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/ You can also look for vacancies in the Cambridge Colleges via this website. There are often jobs in the areas you are interested in.
Cambridge Evening News is also worth keeping an eye on.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 03-Aug-15 12:52:52

Jobsincambs is also worth looking at for jobs in the Cambridge area.

ScandinavianMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 13:06:24

Thanks everyone

bingandflop Mon 03-Aug-15 16:09:44

Indeed.co.uk or charityjob.co.uk

poocatcherchampion Wed 12-Aug-15 16:07:17

Guardian jobs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now