Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CIPD - any HR / L&D people on here?

(4 Posts)
Maranello4 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:50:48

I'm considering doing the CIPD level 7 qualification in Learning & Talent Development. Has anyone had experience of this? Is it worth the time and money? I have L&D, as well as graduate recruitment, experience and an MSc Occupational Psychology. I've noticed that a lot of recent job adverts look to be asking for both Occ Psych and CIPD...

jellymum1704 Mon 10-Aug-15 17:40:18

Not sure if helpful but I've completed level 5 in HR paid for by my company.It's fairly common for HR/L&D jobs to ask for CIPD but they might consider without if you have good experience to back up.Are you employed currently? I found the coursework requires you to be working to be able to conduct research and provide real life case work.

Queazy Mon 10-Aug-15 20:16:01

Could you seek Chartered CIPD status through mapping your employment experience against the requirements (instructions on their website) instead of doing another qualification? I'm sure it's fine, but imo the MSc Occ Psych is far stronger learning than the MA HRD I did,

Roger007 Sat 24-Oct-15 18:25:56

You should always look for opportunities to improve your knowledge. In terms of prioritising; use the current ads for the jobs you're interested in as your barometer of what you need to do next to keep up with current requirements. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now