Talk

Advanced search

I urgently need help with a job application question. Nhs.

(5 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Mon 27-Jul-15 11:13:22

I'm on the last question which is in two parts. First part is all about analysing information against a risk based methodology which I think I've covered.

It also asks me about "the ability to build and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders". I don't have any experience of working with stakeholders. Do they mean at a CCG level when they say stakeholders?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 27-Jul-15 11:15:02

Or can it be other groups of colleagues and patients?

MrsTrelis Mon 27-Jul-15 11:18:10

stakeholders are anyone with an interest in what you are doing. This could be colleagues in other departments, clients, customers, patients the board of directors, anyone involved in what you do.

I work in HR. My stakeholders are usually managers, payroll & colleagues. Sometimes it's other organisations eg reference requests, sometimes solicitors.

Hope this helps a bit!

Elysianfields Mon 27-Jul-15 11:20:05

I know nothing about the NHS

But, with that disclaimer in mind, stakeholders are anyone with an interest in the organisation, so your stakeholders could well be defined as colleagues, certainly patients, patients groups, referring doctors, the funders (whoever they are) etc etc. So you need to choose several groups of stakeholders and say how you have worked with them - diverse groups with different needs and agendas preferably. So, a group interested in customer care, one in value for money etc.

DOes that assist at all?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 27-Jul-15 11:20:30

No that's great, thanks. I panicked and thought I don't have anything to do with board level or CCG. But I can talk lots about patient liaison groups as well as colleagues from other staffing groups. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now