Talk

Advanced search

Going back to work full time

(3 Posts)
MarjorieWinklepicker Fri 24-Jul-15 09:37:25

I have been offered a full time job but currently debating in my head whether to accept or not.

I have 3 dc aged 10, 5 and 3. My hours would mean I could do the morning school drop off but not the pick up, they would have to go to an after school club and have DH pick them up and do the evening routines.

I currently work part time but I have rubbish hours and I am usually working all weekend, means I hardly see my children when they are at school anyway and we can never all spend the day together and do something as a family at the weekend. The new job is alternate weekends and a lot shorter shift than I currently do.

It would more than double the income I bring it now and we really could do with the extra money, but would my children be disadvantaged with me not around? Or am I worrying for nothing and they would be fine?

MIL currently has them one day a week after school anyway, I could make this two and then two days after school club. But then what do I do with them during the holidays?

Nolim Sat 01-Aug-15 16:27:25

Op my dc are not is scholl yet but both my oh and i work ft and will probably continue doing it. It never occured to me that they would be disadvantaged! I have not idea what we are going to do for school holidays but we will figure out something, lots of working parents manage.

The only advice i have is that a happy mum is a better mum! So if you feel this change your life, go for it.

Best of luck.

Oly4 Sat 08-Aug-15 15:30:34

I'm going back to work ft through choice and I agree that it's what you make of it. If you want to be a great mum you will be, ft or not! Do you automatically think men are rubbish dads because they work FT?
Of course not. People can be amaZing parents and work ft. Sounds like the extra income could lead to fab holidays etc that your children will
Remember forever. As long as they are cared for they will be ok. Go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now