Talk

Advanced search

Volunteer jobs

(4 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 20-Jul-15 17:59:43

It's been 14 years since I stopped work to start a family But now I am bored, bored, bored.

I have done various volunteer jobs in the last 5 years but they are not ticking enough of my boxes.
Is there a voluntary role out there that will challenge me while still giving me the flexibility I need for some child care?
I crave adult conversation, my brain needs to be challenged and I need a purpose to my day. Or some of my days at least.
Any ideas gratefully received.

TIA

ThreeBecameFour Tue 21-Jul-15 08:05:02

Where do your skills and experience lie? I work for a breast cancer charity and we are always looking for volunteers with key skills such as marketing, corporate partnerships and general administration..plus helping at events and help during breast cancer awareness month in October when we get very busy before and afterwards...Charties really value volunteers especially those with specific skills and experience smile

Roussette Tue 21-Jul-15 08:23:19

There's lots of opportunities out there and I agree it's hard to find the right one without getting too involved!

I've PM'd you.

mckenzie Tue 21-Jul-15 15:06:59

Thanks very much for the replies.
Roussette - I've replied to your message.
Threebecamefour - my background is mainly trading and sales in financial markets but I had quite a few jobs before finding my career grin.

I did do some voluntary work for a local charity for a while but much as I adored the events organiser our styles clashed. She was a last minute dot com type who winged it most of the time whereas I'm very organised, tidy and like to work in a neat, structured way. The office environment I found quite uncomfortable to work in.
All my problems, no one else's but something I am now aware of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now