Talk

Advanced search

CV and application help please!

(3 Posts)
theblairbitchproject Tue 14-Jul-15 20:15:03

So i've had 2 jobs within the same company- EXACT same duties. I'm writing my CV (last time I applied for a job I had no work experience!). Do I repeat myself for example:

X Company
Date 2013-2015
Y duty
Z duty

X Company
Date 2012-2013
Y duty
Z duty

Or can I do it as [FIELD] experience and then list my duties and then the company with the two different addresses like this

X Company
Y Address
Z Date

X Company
Y Address
Z Date

Also a couple of application questions:

*Will it hinder my application if I don't allow them to contact references before interview?
*Will it hinder my application if I don't state reasons for leaving my last position (it asks but isn't a required field?)

Also- do you attach a CV and covering letter even if it isn't required?

Lweji Tue 14-Jul-15 20:47:40

Unless there was a gap, I'd just put X company, 2012-2015, and unless the contract/job title/position was different.

I'd put a reason to leave and put something neutral, and that sounds good for the prospective employers, but without lying.
As for the references, I don't think it will hinder your application if you are still working and if there is nothing to suggest you'd have problems with them.

Littlef00t Wed 15-Jul-15 20:52:10

References, I think there are some sectors that like to have them first, like social services, but most are happy to wait. I was made redundant so put that I was happy for them to be contacted as I didn't have a working relationship to save.

I'd put a reason for leaving provided it wasn't due to misconduct etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now