Would you take a job working with someone with a reputation for being chippy?

(4 Posts)
ocelot41 Sat 27-Jun-15 16:36:23

Just that really. Great, rare job in unusual area, lots of opportunity for progression, family friendly hours and easy peasy commute. But the person you would be working with is rumoured to be pretty hard work. Not a bully or a bad person but insecure, chippy and requiring firm boundaries.

WWYD? Take the job and an assertiveness course? Or run like thunder?

SirChenjin Sat 27-Jun-15 16:50:03

It would depend on how many other jobs like that come up and how much interaction you're likely to have with them.
I work for someone like that - result is an unhappy team and high turnover of staff. I can avoid my boss a lot of the time, and take the benefits that come with the job (same family friendly hours and easy commute you describe) - but it's a nightmare at times. It really depends on how easy you think you'll find it to shrug off the drama and chippiness.

ocelot41 Sat 27-Jun-15 16:54:38

Sorry, I tried to correct a typo and ended up double posting the thread SirChenjin. Most of the posts are on the other one, which you might want to join instead if you want to keep chatting. Hmm...am not a sensitive flower but do find drama a pain and draining to deal with

SirChenjin Sat 27-Jun-15 17:02:35

Will do - thanks for letting me know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now