Talk

Advanced search

Should I follow up after interview?

(8 Posts)
Alb1 Sat 27-Jun-15 12:20:04

Sorry if this isn't in the right place, I had an interview on Thursday, they told me in interview the role started Monday an I basically had it, I was perfect for it (there words not mine), they just had to do one more interview that was scheduled and then would phone yesterday deffiently either way... They havnt phoned. They were so positive but obviously I new the next person in could always be better than me. Is it unreasonable to phone today and follow up so I can get some closure on it rather that waiting by the phone even tho I clearly havnt got it? I'd leave it longer but as the start date is Monday id be silly to be expecting a response sometime next week...

Aridane Sat 27-Jun-15 15:44:08

Not unreasonable - give them a call. Either you haven't got the job or somehow things have got delayed.

AdventureBe Sat 27-Jun-15 15:59:47

I think you have to call as you were pretty much led to believe you had a job starting Monday!

Seems like a very strange way to behave on their part though!

Alb1 Tue 30-Jun-15 22:52:20

Thanks for the replies, I tried to phone and couldn't get through, which turned out to be lucky cos they phoned a few hours later and offered me the job! The whole thing for delayed (they didn't say why) I start later this week grin

Pantsalive Tue 30-Jun-15 22:53:52

Congratulations! star

JeanSeberg Tue 30-Jun-15 22:57:19

That's good init!

Aridane Wed 01-Jul-15 22:51:04

Yay!

DragonsCanHop Wed 01-Jul-15 22:53:40

Yay! Well done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now