Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thank you note after interview

(14 Posts)
maybetomorrow22 Sun 21-Jun-15 23:26:47

I had an interview on Friday and I've been doing some googling and the current thing seems to send a thank you note to those who interviewed me! I've never came across this before, mind you it's been nearly 10 years since my last interview.

Has anyone ever done this or been on the receiving end?

I'm not sure it's something I would do

CainInThePunting Sun 21-Jun-15 23:30:39

I did it, just a polite
Good to meet you etc etc
Short couple of sentences to reinforce why I'm perfect for the job and how keen I am.
Look forward to hearing from you re next stage of application.
Thanks in advance.
Little pushy maybe but it depends on your field/line of work.

AgentProvocateur Sun 21-Jun-15 23:36:17

I did it too. "Thank you for meeting me, very intersting role etc etc." I got the job, so I did something right.

HelenF350 Sun 21-Jun-15 23:56:22

I have never heard of this, sounds very odd to me!

Hoplikeabunny Mon 22-Jun-15 00:45:47

I had this once last year. To be totally honest, I found it a bit irritating and unnecessary, and it put me off the candidate slightly. This may just be my industry though, I guess others may like it? Personally I wouldn't do it, but that's not to say that no one should!

maybetomorrow22 Mon 22-Jun-15 09:33:56

Slightly split opinions here! I don't think I will, I have been in contact with them throughout the process so don't want to come across as too pushy.

Well done Agent!

MarvellousCake Mon 22-Jun-15 09:37:20

I've never heard of this. I wouldn't do it, and it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

AgentProvocateur Mon 22-Jun-15 10:44:32

Thanks - when I say "note", I meant email. Just in case you had visions of me sending a scented notelet wink

Nolim Tue 23-Jun-15 05:19:26

I got a coupl of thank you emails and was not impressed by it or lack of it.

Betsyblue Tue 23-Jun-15 05:40:54

I think this is really American (not in a bad way- just something that is expected over there). I don't think it's common here. When I have been interviewing I wouldn't have expected it it might also come across as a bit much, IMO. It certainly wouldn't have swayed my opinion anyway- either way.

CainInThePunting Tue 23-Jun-15 06:19:54

Bloody marvellous, I shall never take advice from a recruitment consultant again. Hopefully it hasn't blown my chances.

confusedandemployed Tue 23-Jun-15 06:22:33

I've done it quite a few times over about 16 years. It's helped me on a couple of times, and on other occasions it hasnt (I either had no chance or had already nailed it).
I tend to do it if I know I'm one of the first interviewees so they don't forget me

maybetomorrow22 Tue 23-Jun-15 20:42:13

Well, I still haven't heard either way if I was successful at the interview or not and I wish they would hurry up and let me know!

They did say that they were only interviewing one other person at the second stage and called me back to meet the team last week and that there was positive feedback from my previous interviews.

I'm toying with the idea of emailing asking for feedback...

EvilSidekick Tue 23-Jun-15 20:57:34

I definitely wouldn't. Interviews are supposed to be fair and objective. If I had interviewed you and then got a note I would think you were trying to gain an unfair advantage over other candidates. You shouldn't ask for feedback until you have been contacted and given a decision one way or the other. The interview was only a few days ago and you will look desperate if you contact them first. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now