Talk

Advanced search

Finance assistant in a primary school part time

(5 Posts)
greyhound8 Thu 18-Jun-15 18:25:40

I have an interview for the above role coming up. My first interview in ten years having been a sahm for past five years! It will be an interview and a "task".....any ideas or tips please? Anything welcome. I'm a qualified accountant by profession.

Northernlurker Thu 18-Jun-15 18:58:52

Well I'm sure you're more than qualified!

Make sure you've read the job description properly and made notes on what the tasks mean. Then make notes on what experience you have that directly relates. That should help you with any 'what do you think this job is/what can you bring to the role/from the job description what do you think they key priorites of this role are' type questions.

Have you been for an informal visit? Definitely do that if you can.

Don't freak about the task. They should be looking at your approach to a situation as much as what you can actually do. I look for candidates who can ask for help honestly and openly and then display learning.

greyhound8 Mon 22-Jun-15 07:36:47

Thanks so much Northern! I've only just seen this reply. Will let you know how I get on.

greyhound8 Mon 22-Jun-15 07:37:14

And yes I did go for a visit beforehand.

greyhound8 Sat 27-Jun-15 18:09:30

I got the job! So pleased. A real boost - my first interview in 10 year after 5 years as a SAHM!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now