Reflexology

(9 Posts)
Eggwhisk Wed 17-Jun-15 17:20:10

Does anyone make a living out of being a reflexologist? This is something I've been thinking about since having fertility treatment 6-7 years ago. I really would like to train to become a reflexologist and I've found a course that I'd like to do but it is a big cost (£1200 plus expenses) and I feel a bit frightened to take the leap in case it comes to nothing.

I'm interested to hear others thoughts and experiences

Buddy80 Thu 18-Jun-15 05:50:56

It is an interesting career, I looked into this myself.

One thing I would make sure (which I am sure you have already thought of) is make sure any course is verified.

It is well thought of and a couple of people I know have set up their own business and are doing well.

Personally, I can't see it coming to "nothing". It sounds from your post it would be something you would really enjoy studying and in comparison to other career courses, the cost is pretty good.

Are you considering contacting a practising Reflexologist, maybe to shadow for a day or even meet for a quick coffee?

Eggwhisk Thu 18-Jun-15 08:01:14

Hi Buddy80,

Thanks for your reply, yes I've thoroughly looked into the course I'm hoping to do and it is recommended by the AoR. I guess I just need to make the leap which is quite scary after being out of work for a long time (8 years!)

Thanks again for your reply smile

Buddy80 Thu 18-Jun-15 10:15:46

Oh bless you. I am in a similar boat and it is so hard to choose what to do.

It sounds really interesting, best of luck to you.

FinallyHere Thu 18-Jun-15 10:33:29

Where would you find people interested in reflexology? How many reflexologists are there in your area?

Have you considered it alongside chiropody? that would provide a steady income stream, chiropodist around us tend to be oversubscribed, of people who might also find they benefit from reflexology.

I kńow Im biased, i have reflexology as an occasional treat, we spent ages finding a chiropodist and are delighted to have one who now comes regularly. All the best....

Buddy80 Thu 18-Jun-15 13:00:21

Chiropody would be a funded degree OP (with an NHS bursary)

Eggwhisk Sat 20-Jun-15 08:09:16

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't think I want to go down the degree route, I already have a degree and a massive student loan so I'm not sure what financial assistance would be available anyway.

Hmm I guess I need to do some more research.

Buddy80 Wed 01-Jul-15 08:15:29

OP what did you decide? smile

AgathaF Wed 01-Jul-15 08:36:32

Have PMd you Eggwhisk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now