Talk

Advanced search

Callier Business LLC is this a SCAM?

(5 Posts)
braceet Tue 16-Jun-15 15:26:54

Hi,
My daughter received what I think is a scam email a few days after she had registered with an online employment agency.
The company is called CALLIER BUSINESS LLC and it purports to come form a ''HR person called Bonnie P. Buss HR Department , Callier Business LLC''
The Word document is a form to fill in and it asks for bank details credit card details. There was no interview - it looks like onece they get your card /bank details you will be charged for training, although the training is 'free'.
Just want people to be on their guard. I spoke to a few people about this, but there is no way to report possible scams like this which target young people. I would hate any young person to lose their money to scumbag scammers.
Has anyone had any dealings with these people?

kevinjose91 Wed 17-Jun-15 10:18:32

I got the same message. There is a company based in USA with the name. I was told that the work will be home based. But havent filled the application. Still unsure since they asks for card details.

ovidiustan8 Wed 17-Jun-15 12:27:59

i got in contact with this company too.
i fill up those form ,which they have sned,but i give an not valid bank details.they have called me 20 minutes ago and they ve told me i should start the training tomorrow at 9 am in my city..but they havent give me any details about it...and i said my new bank account is not ready yet..but they said to give them an email about any other account..can be empty as well,but must be valid...when i wanted to ask some details they hang up...
scam or not?

Pedestriana Wed 17-Jun-15 12:35:01

I think anything asking for card/bank details online is dodgy (paypal excepted).
LLC would suggest to me that they're in the US, rather than the UK.
What online agency did your daughter register with?
I would recommend not replying. If they are genuine, then they'll find another means of getting in touch.

TheCareersDoctor Thu 02-Jul-15 22:46:21

Hi all, would just advise anyone who is not sure to report it online to www.actionfraud.police.uk/ who can build a picture and take action.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now