Talk

Advanced search

Office Administrator in a school

(2 Posts)
Jillfe Mon 15-Jun-15 11:07:01

Hi

I have an interview in a school office and have never worked in this environment before, I have a lot of experience in administration.

Please could anyone give advice on what types of questions I may get?

thank you

Runningtokeepstill Wed 17-Jun-15 14:29:33

Don't know if this is too late and you don't say what type of school. Primary is very different to secondary.

I've worked as a TA in primary and had a lot of contract with admin staff at secondary due to DS's health issues.

I'd say confidentiality is a huge issue, especially if you live in the local area and know anyone at the school. You may have lot of contract with young people (depends on the role) so experience with the relevant age group, first aid certificate or willingness to get one. Being able to cope with stressed and sometimes aggressive parents on phone or in person. Being able to quickly learn new systems - there's masses of statistical data to record in schools, especially attendance related and you won't be familiar with them if you've not worked in a school before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now