Talk

Advanced search

Should I forget franchises? Or embrace them?

(4 Posts)
SamWatkinson123 Tue 24-Mar-15 08:32:59

Hi all,
Looking to re-enter the world of work and am considering the benefits of owning a franchise.
I'm not decided in what line of work just yet., and would like to know if franchises allow me more flexibility?
confused

SamWatkinson123 Tue 24-Mar-15 11:00:02

Has anyone out there become a franchisee?
Or anyone decided not to?

I am stuck as I want financial security but am worried the pressure of franchise might be too much?

museumum Sat 04-Apr-15 07:54:25

I'm s-e. I think you've got to start with what you want to do first then think about what route. If what you want to do is already done by an organisation with a big brand name and big marketing then maybe a franchise is the way to go. I don't think there's a rule across the board. A fast food franchise will be very different from a baby swimming one and need very different skills.

Penny16 Tue 09-Jun-15 15:18:10

Franchising can be a great way to achieve a flexible family friendly career. I am the Founder and Managing Director of Mini Monkey Gym UK and we offer just that to all our franchise owners who all have young children. I am happy to chat with you about the ins and outs of owning a franchise like ours if you like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now