Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your kills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Should I forget franchises? Or embrace them?

(4 Posts)
SamWatkinson123 Tue 24-Mar-15 08:32:59

Hi all,
Looking to re-enter the world of work and am considering the benefits of owning a franchise.
I'm not decided in what line of work just yet., and would like to know if franchises allow me more flexibility?

SamWatkinson123 Tue 24-Mar-15 11:00:02

Has anyone out there become a franchisee?
Or anyone decided not to?

I am stuck as I want financial security but am worried the pressure of franchise might be too much?

museumum Sat 04-Apr-15 07:54:25

I'm s-e. I think you've got to start with what you want to do first then think about what route. If what you want to do is already done by an organisation with a big brand name and big marketing then maybe a franchise is the way to go. I don't think there's a rule across the board. A fast food franchise will be very different from a baby swimming one and need very different skills.

Penny16 Tue 09-Jun-15 15:18:10

Franchising can be a great way to achieve a flexible family friendly career. I am the Founder and Managing Director of Mini Monkey Gym UK and we offer just that to all our franchise owners who all have young children. I am happy to chat with you about the ins and outs of owning a franchise like ours if you like?

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now