Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else returning to work in the New Year?

(19 Posts)
mommathatwearspink Tue 09-Dec-14 09:29:57

I'll be returning to work in the New Year full-time. DD will be 9 months and attending nursery full time.

I've been doing a few KIT days but I'm dreading it and hate the thought of leaving my little girl after spending so much time with her sad

Anyone else returning to work in January and want to join me on the journey...?

Chaby Tue 09-Dec-14 18:01:01

yep, going back full time on jan 5th. was ok with it but now being messed about so don't know what role i am going back to. very stressful.

mommathatwearspink Wed 10-Dec-14 11:57:23

What a pain Chaby hope they get it sorted soon!

TheLondoner22 Thu 25-Dec-14 21:43:04

Yep going back after a year on 5 Jan - shitting a brick at the logistics alone

NotAnotherNewNappy Thu 25-Dec-14 22:17:12

I went back to work after maternity leave in Jan 2012. I thought it would be a really depressing time to go back... But I picked up a great new work wardrobe in the sales for peanuts, which helped my confidence immensely grin

Darkandstormynight Sat 27-Dec-14 01:10:11

Yes I am! I'll be working 25-30 hours and am looking forward to it!

Hours will vary wildly, some days no hours, some days 10 hour days. I'm going to embrace my crock pot!

Littlef00t Sat 27-Dec-14 11:03:16

I'm back 3 days a week from 6 Jan. Ironically not worried about childcare as a very good friend is my childminder and dd (9 mo) is v independent and chipper.

The role on the other hand is freaking me out a bit. My old role was made redundant so they've got me covering another maternity leave for a year until something else hopefully comes up.

New team, new department, new knowledge, and my boss is quite full on, has given me stuff to read before I start back and was pushing for me working extra days at the beginning to ease hand over (still bf in the afternoon so I said no)

MissCalamity Sun 28-Dec-14 17:36:19

I'm back at the start of February & dreading it, really enjoyed maternity leave second time around. Work have been asking if I am wanted to do any KIT days, but still not done any yet.
God knows how I'm going to organise a 5 year old & 9 month old in the mornings (Dp is up & out at 6.30am so no help)

RaspberryBlonde Tue 30-Dec-14 07:55:49

Back on January 5th here, hopefully four days a week although work have yet to officially approve my flexible working request! I'll have been off for 14 months and am going back to a new role as was promoted during that time.

Am more concerned about logistics as I have over an hour commute and we have barely done any settling in with the childminder as DD was poorly a lot of December.

I like your advice NotAnotherNewNappy, I'm off to the sales today!

Good luck to everyone next week.

Minithemoocher Tue 30-Dec-14 08:03:25

I start back 3 days a week on the 6th. Dd is only 4 months but it's my own company and I've got to go back. I'm dreading it, which surprised me. I'm lucky to have retired parents who are looking after her for me.

Giltz Sat 03-Jan-15 04:10:32

Yup back the 5th of January. Working 43 plus hours a week my dc is also 9 months. Mixed feelings about returning.

Coffeeinthepark Sat 03-Jan-15 23:29:35

Going back for third time on 6 January after over 14 months off. Have been waiting to start feeling excited about it but I'm still not feeling it. In a way I don't remember for my previous returns to work I am just not looking forward to work very much and really don't want to leave the kids, particularly the baby who will be going to nursery (where I imagine all the babies will be crying after the Christmas break hmm)

applecatchers36 Sun 04-Jan-15 10:52:20

Going back 3 days on the 12th jan, kinda looking forward to it. Had 14 months off & now looking forward to the routine/ structure of work & adult conversation/ smart clothes etc..but will also miss DD but she has been settling into her nursery since before Christmas so hope she will be ok?

Coffeeinthepark Sun 04-Jan-15 19:54:41

I'm really not looking forward to those first few weeks of really not knowing where things are or what has happened in enough detail to do my job properly

Chaby Mon 05-Jan-15 09:41:00

good luck to all of those back to work today!!!

Wilfiesmummy Mon 05-Jan-15 19:16:18

To all of you who just finished your first day back - well done! I hope it went smoothly! My first day back after a 10 month absence is tomorrow, 4 days a week ... I'm a little nervous about slotting back in and about new responsibilities, and am feeling pretty wobbly about leaving my little boy. He's nearly 10 months, full of smiles and a bit of a bruiser, so I'm sure he'll be fine - plus he's already spent a number of days at nursery so he's familiar with it. Everyone talks about the developmental advantages demonstrated by children who go to nursery, so I'll hang on to that! Will miss him to bits but I bet we'll both settle into it just fine before long!

RaspberryBlonde Tue 06-Jan-15 19:27:03

Hope your day went well wilfiesmummy. All looking ok on the work front here although think it'll be a while to get up to speed. Definitely going to be a learning curve for DD though, apparently she cried on and off all day today sad

Wilfiesmummy Tue 06-Jan-15 19:58:12

Oh Raspberryblonde I'm so sorry to hear about your little one - the girls at my nursery have said that it can take a little time for babies to settle in, but they all do in the end and fingers crossed she'll be happy as a duck in a pond before long. Hugs to you and try not to worry!

RaspberryBlonde Wed 07-Jan-15 19:24:16

Thanks wilfiesmummy, apparently she was happier today so hopefully we are going in the right direction. Still awful leaving her upset. How is your DS ( and everyone else's DCs) getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now