Talk

Advanced search

AAAGHHHHH

(4 Posts)
TheStorySoFar Thu 06-Nov-14 08:26:52

Don't know what to do. I'm due back to work after Mat Leave on 15/12. I'm currently on AL. DS was my 4th child soo family life is pretty hectic. Add to that we're at the end of a protracted Self Build while H works FT. SIL has just emigrated & my FIL has moved into a NH. The house SIL was occupying belongs to us & needs sorted for rental income as does the one we currently live in. SIL was supposed to help with this but ran out of time. We should have moved house weeks ago, but ran into problems & we now think it will be 1 week before my return to work date when we finally move. I'm tempted to ask for unpaid leave but am scared of the implications at work for me & my relationship with my colleague (who has been dumped on by our employers again). I wasn't properly replaced & there's a mountain of work waiting. Plus this unpaid leave will run into C'mas. REally dithering about what to do. Any advice?

LittleBearPad Thu 06-Nov-14 08:29:16

I would take unpaid leave (holiday?) until the New Year if at all possible or not go back as many days as you planned for a couple of weeks.

Alternatively is childcare sorted? Could DC4 begin a bit early so you have time to yourself.

TheStorySoFar Thu 06-Nov-14 09:48:02

Thk you LittleBear. It's difficult to have perspective when I'm so stressed & busy with all this. Not sure if DS can start Childcare early as that has financial implications, especially if I'm on Unpaid Leave. My gut is telling me I can't go back yet & I just don't know if I'm being silly.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 08-Nov-14 21:55:52

I feel stressed for you OP reading your post....

I would ask for unpaid leave and see what they say. I know they might prefer to have you back earlier but in the scheme of things another month etc won't make a huge difference.

If I was moving house with 4 DC I would need some time off work to sort it all out too, I would hope they'd understand.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now