Talk

Advanced search

Reasons why you apply, please help..

(4 Posts)
finnmum Mon 03-Nov-14 11:09:39

..with political correct wording. Have recently posted about my separation from the ex-partner who consequently left the country leaving me with two little ones. 10 years SAHM, the last five years volunteering for a great charity which now has a full-time job opening -deadline for the application tonight. I obviously don't want to say that I'm applying because we need the money but they would want to know why I volunteered for so long (because we could then afford it) and are only now seeking employment. I'm thankful for any advise.

Sleepytea Mon 03-Nov-14 11:14:01

Could you say something along the lines of having volunteered for the charity for 5 years, you understand it's aims and ethos and see this vacancy as a way to progress your role within the organisation.

Elysianfields Mon 03-Nov-14 11:17:58

lots of people use volunteering as a way to get into the paid job market. I would just imply that - I have voluntered for 5 years and now feel i have the skills to offer a substantive post. I wouldnt even say paid.

and everyone works for the money dont they? Very very few fortunate people do it for the fun of it. Circumstances do change, people do understand that.

finnmum Mon 03-Nov-14 11:27:14

Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now