Advanced search

Wanting to return to work

(2 Posts)
JadeHolden4 Mon 25-Aug-14 09:14:33

Hi I'm new here smile

I have just had a baby girl (in feb) and I am now thinking of going back to work but would only be doing 12 hours maybe less as it's a housekeeping job my partner is currently receiving highest rate disability allowance and employment support allowance and I am in his esa claim, we are also receiving child tax credit but with me only working 12 hours I wouldnt be able to receive working taxcredits, who do I need to inform about me going back to work? Will our esa go down etc


goldsilver Tue 26-Aug-14 07:24:43

You would need to inform your job centre re the ESA claim. You can work up to 16 hours and as long as what you earn doesn't exceed £100 or thereabouts, you can keep that and no benefits are affected. This sounds like the perfect job for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now