Talk

Advanced search

Working from home, online?

(9 Posts)
frazzled74 Sun 17-Aug-14 22:47:28

I have a job (nhs)but really need to increase my earnings, I can't work outside the home any more than I already do due to childcare etc. are there any jobs that I could do from home, maybe online? Looking to earn around £25-50 per week. I would really appreciate any suggestions,

OP’s posts: |
BranchingOut Mon 18-Aug-14 09:20:03

There is something you can do, I think the company is called 'Ironbridge' or similar.

Also, remote call handling? A bit like a call centre but from home.

NapoleonsNose Mon 18-Aug-14 09:30:52

I think it may be Lionbridge that you are thinking of. I've been thinking about doing this before too - you've just reminded me that I need to look into it further.

BranchingOut Mon 18-Aug-14 11:47:21

There we go!

Lion
Iron

Almost the same thing! ;)

frazzled74 Tue 19-Aug-14 05:59:26

Thanks, I will have a look at lionbridge.

OP’s posts: |
LapsedTwentysomething Tue 19-Aug-14 17:45:21

I just looked at Lionbridge. The online application was so clunky I thought it didn't bode well for the job. I couldn't see to scroll through the countries on either IE or Chrome. Could try Firefox I suppose.

CareersDragon Tue 26-Aug-14 10:22:21

I'm curious to know whether crowd working is really viable as someone's main source of income. Amazon Turks platform had a bad write-up in this article in the New Scientist: www.newscientist.com/article/mg21729036.200-crowdsourcing-grows-up-as-online-workers-unite.html#.U_xQmGK9KSO
It also mentions an organisation working as more of a social enterprise:
https://leadgenius.com/worker-faq
Anyone had experience of working for these guys? What other crowd worker platforms are there?

WendyLong Mon 02-Sep-19 10:31:41

HI LapsedTwentysomething, did you manage to resolve the problem with the country dropdown list, and if so, how? Thank you smile

Rbee1574 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:02:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in