Talk

Advanced search

Calling all teachers!

(4 Posts)
AnnaM84 Thu 13-Mar-14 19:43:47

Hi,

I am currently on maternity with my second child. After my first I went back to my teaching job 2 days a week and the school have said that after a years maternity, in September I can come back on those terms. Sounds like a dream scenario to most but I would like more time off to be with my two kids before they don't need me so much. Hubby has a busy job and the main idea of me going back to work is to hold into job for later.

Anyway...I have been reading about career breaks in teaching and was going to speak to the head about taking a further year off and returning sept 2015. Has anyone had experience of this or know of this is possible? My worry is that they may say I have to work more than two days when I return. You can't have it all though!

BabyMummy29 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:14:55

In my LA you can take an unpaid career break of up to 23 montha. Someone I knew used it to move out to the Far East while her husband was working there.

AnnaM84 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:23:04

Thanks for the reply. Good to know someone else has done it.

PumpkinPie2013 Sun 16-Mar-14 14:02:54

Not done this myself but a colleague has done this without a problem.

Can you speak to the head and see what they think? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now