Talk

Advanced search

CV advice - five year career gap

(5 Posts)
mrscardigan Tue 11-Mar-14 07:57:52

Hello,
I am preparing a CV after a 5 year career gap to bring up the children.

There is lots of help on monster.co.uk, but I'm wondering how to put down the 5 year gap on a CV? How would you word it/explain it to a potential employer?

mrscardigan Wed 12-Mar-14 10:45:26

Anyone?
Or if this has been answered somewhere else can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks

BellaI Fri 14-Mar-14 23:16:07

My 4 year gap is filled with the voluntary work I've done for NCT branch where I live. Have had 3 interviews out of 3-4 applications lately. But no part time job yet.

DesperateHousewife21 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:40:18

Ive been a SAHM since 2010 so on my cv its got Jan 2010- present Raising a family then underneath its got three skills ive gained from this so: patience/ sympathy/ time management etc.

Ive had two interview offers so far so cant be that bad.

bunjies Wed 19-Mar-14 08:56:55

I spent 4 years in France having a career break. I just put that down. We were doing a barn conversion so I just put the dates then "Career break in France project managing a barn conversion" grin

I'm sure a potential employer has come across it before. I suppose it might be an issue if you were trying to get a role at the same level you were at before but if not then shouldn't be a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now