Talk

Advanced search

back to work

(9 Posts)
Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:50:25

I have just started back at work, I work 4 hours a day in the afternoon, I hate leaving my baby so much sad I don't know what to do, I can't afford to be a stay at home but not sure I can be away from her, does any one else feel like this?

Hassled Mon 10-Mar-14 19:52:26

It gets easier, I promise.

What childcare do you have? Try to focus on the benefits the childcare will bring your DD - meeting other babies or bonding time with a grandparent or whatever it is.

Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:09:04

My parents look after my little girl. I know she has a good time with her grandparents but it still doesn't make it any easier for me to leave her. I feel miserable and incredibly guilty sad

Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:22:42

My parents look after my little girl. I know she has a good time with her grandparents but it still doesn't make it any easier for me to leave her. I feel miserable and incredibly guilty sad

Hassled Mon 10-Mar-14 20:27:44

What's to feel guilty about?
You're providing your DD with a good role model
You're providing financial security for your family
You're providing your DD with the chance to form a close bond with her grandparents.

I know that won't stop you missing her but try to enjoy the job, even if you're faking it at first, focus on that for the 4 hours and it will get cope-able with.

Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:49:39

Thank you, that's help loads, just got to get used to the new changes. It is only 4 hours a day! I started to feel.guilty about leaving her and her being away from.her mummy and maybe I should have taken an evening/weekend job

SharonCurley Mon 10-Mar-14 20:59:50

Think of all the positives.You are earning money to provide her witha secure future.You will have renewed energy for her when you come home each day.Babies don't have any concept of time ( that one helped me enormously).

Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:07:07

Thank you, that's help loads, just got to get used to the new changes. It is only 4 hours a day! I started to feel.guilty about leaving her and her being away from.her mummy and maybe I should have taken an evening/weekend job

Mummy1267 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:07:08

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now