Talk

Advanced search

Kit days and interview question- probably stupid..,

(6 Posts)
louloutheshamed Mon 10-Mar-14 17:57:37

I am a teacher currently on mat leave. I am applying for 2 internal positions in my school, both starting in sept by which time I will be back ft.

I would have liked to done some kit days between now and going back to work, obviously this would involve finding childcare for my two dcs (could book ds1 into nursery for an extra day but would depend in availability and still have ds2 aged 6mo- so would prob have to ask my mum or my dh to take a day off). However because i am likely to have at least one if not 2 interviews which will be full day affairs, I feel like I should 'save' my childcare for the interviews rather than kit days so would miss out on kit pay.

My possibly v stupid question is....do you think I could ask if I could take the interview day as a kit day or is that totally stupid??

louloutheshamed Mon 10-Mar-14 18:36:47

Anyone?

poocatcherchampion Mon 10-Mar-14 18:39:15

guess you would have to ask. maybe your la would help if your hr is based there? someone must have been in that position. I don't think it is cheeky to ask, just dont expect maybe.

louloutheshamed Mon 10-Mar-14 18:41:39

We are an academy so not linked with la anymore. Worth a try I suppose...

poocatcherchampion Tue 11-Mar-14 10:13:53

maybe ask in "the staff room" topic? more teachers might see. someone must have been through this themselves..

louloutheshamed Tue 11-Mar-14 14:00:31

Aha good idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now