Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Keeping in touch days on ML and payment

(5 Posts)
Teatimetinny Wed 19-Feb-14 17:19:17

Can anyone advise on this?

I did my keeping in touch day in November, due back at work in January.

I was expecting payment for my keeping in touch day, and hr said I should do it before I go back on the payroll as a maternity leave returner.

But it turns out they just put me on the payroll from that date, and used my accrued holiday as the reason. So in a way I came into work on my holiday day. So they either owe me one day's pay or one day's holiday.

Does that sound about right?

glorious Wed 19-Feb-14 22:00:42

I'm no expert but if you'd been off for a year or less to January I don't think they can unilaterally decide to end your mat leave and put you on annual leave. That sounds really awful if I haven't got the wrong end of the stick.

noblegiraffe Wed 19-Feb-14 22:04:25

They can't just end your maternity leave prematurely - you are entitled to use that accrued holiday at a time of your choosing.

But if you don't mind that, then yes, they can't count the day that you were in work as holiday. You were working!

Teatimetinny Thu 20-Feb-14 08:18:25

Thanks folks - I'm going to give HR what for! Yes you're right about them just ending my ML when they wanted - and not even telling me - definitely not right!

glorious Thu 20-Feb-14 08:33:01

I'm so cross on your behalf! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now