Advanced search

Private tutoring

(8 Posts)
Frozennortherner Wed 12-Feb-14 21:35:32

Does anyone offer private tutoring? How much is the hourly going rate? Have you got to have a PGCE? I have a degree in English, a postgraduate qualification in English Language and three current enhanced DBS (CRB) certificates for my current voluntary work (is a DBS necessary?)

IndiansInTheLobby Wed 12-Feb-14 21:36:51

Where abouts are you? I run an agency and will send you info tomo if would help.

IndiansInTheLobby Wed 12-Feb-14 21:37:15

As in a private tuition agency

Beccadugs Wed 12-Feb-14 21:47:07

I do, but have a PGCE, worked in primary schools, and still work within education. You don't need any of these things though.

DBS isn't necessary, but the parents like it in my experience.

Rate is dependant on your area. Best thing to do is google "English tutor your area" to see what people are charging, and what their set up is. For example I ask pupils to come to me so charge slightly less that tutors who are willing to travel, as I can back to back my students so do more in an evening.

Frozennortherner Wed 12-Feb-14 22:21:40

I'm NorthEast England.

Frozennortherner Wed 12-Feb-14 22:22:01

yes please to any PMs. Thanks

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:05:54

My dh does it. He has a Chemistry degree and pgce plus teaches A-level Chemistry.

He charges £30 per hour but only does A-level.

He's never been asked to show his DBS but I think parents are happy that he has one as he is employed in education.

surreytuition Sun 16-Feb-14 14:49:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now