Talk

Advanced search

Can you get away with just an email address as contact details on a CV?

(6 Posts)
LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 11-Feb-14 10:26:07

I think I missed interviews (1 for sure) because we have a shared landline which is mainly used to received rude cold callers so callers are not always made to feel welcome.
Some of the other residents have quite a bad command of english and might be scaring interviewers away thinking it is me (I do have an accent too).
The mobile signal is very patchy so not helping, I can put this as my main contact details but I will definitely missed calls (but at least I can call back?).

Can I get away with only my email address as first contact on my CV?

WWYD? TA.

redskyatnight Tue 11-Feb-14 12:08:44

I think an email alone might be limiting (and thinking back, every single job interview I've had, I was phone about). I'd personally put your mobile and your email - as you say, you can always ring back if they can't get through first time.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 11-Feb-14 13:23:19

Thanks reds, won't potential employers be annoyed that they never reach me, if I put a mobile number I know won't work most of the time? (like when I am at home or even worse on the school run where there is no signal at all)

You could put your mobile no with a warning "Due to the area I live in, coverage is not good, so if you don't reach me please leave a message and I will call you back."

Then keep a sharp eye out for missed calls/messages, pick up the message immediately, and impress them with the speed you get back to them!

I think if you only put an email address they may wonder why you aren't contactable by phone.

Blankiefan Tue 11-Feb-14 13:40:53

I'd definitely agree that you need your mobile number too. Make sure you have a professional sounding message on your voicemail.

It shouldn't deter employers that they'll have to leave you a message - they'll assume you're working / similar.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 11-Feb-14 19:48:38

thanks! I will get the "home" number out and leave the rest with a warning on the mobile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now