Talk

Advanced search

going back to work friday after 5 months off. feeling depressed

(2 Posts)
McPrice Mon 10-Jun-13 21:13:13

hi just need to get this out. im going back to my shift working job on friday and leaving my baby with a childminder. im feeling heartbroken. just wondering if anyones got any tips whos been through it. ive got very mixed feelings about going back to work i face possible redundancy or relocation to a workplace 1 hour and a half away. also ive barely been apart from my ds. i have no choice about going back. i have to pay mortgage etc i had asked to do flexible working which was declined outright.

AliBingo Tue 11-Jun-13 16:01:48

Sorry to hear you are feeling fed up about going back, I certainly had mixed feelings too when I came back when DD was 7 months old. (I had never left her either apart from the odd hour for a haircut and one night out and one afternoon, all with DH.)

On the plus side, DD settled in at nursery well and I am enjoying being back at work again (I am lucky to have come back part-time) and I am definitely liking the money as we were struggling a bit before on just one wage.

I hope it goes well on Friday and you get into the swing of things again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now