Talk

Advanced search

School nurses a question please

(5 Posts)
Hiddenbiscuits Thu 23-May-13 12:00:19

Hi i have been looking at an advert for a school nurse course, it looks really interesting and is fully funded. I just wondered if any school nurses out there can remember whether you attended university every day 9-5? I know placements would be full time but just wondered about classroom days and whether it would be doable with childcare- its the full time 1 year post graduate course?

youaintallthat Thu 23-May-13 14:53:30

hi,
i just finished this course. its initially (semester 1&2) 2 days uni, 2 days placement then depending on your uni either a study day or uni again for the 5th day. in semester 3 its all placement. all days are 9-5
you only get 6 weeks holiday a year set by uni.
lots of assignments/exams. its hard work but do-able with children though its so full on you wont get the same amount of time with your kids as you would in any other full time job as constant work at home.
also usually about 100 people apply per job so take your time on your application form. on the plus side if you want your future to be community base this course will pretty much mean guaranteed work for a long time. hope that helps smile

Hiddenbiscuits Thu 23-May-13 15:28:28

Thanks thats a great help smile will you be starting work in the same place that you did your placements?

youaintallthat Thu 23-May-13 18:31:19

yes i've got a job with the same trust, uni kept saying all the way through they've never had anyone who didn't get a job on the completion of this course and 99% of the time its the trust who sponsor you who employ you smile

Hiddenbiscuits Thu 23-May-13 18:40:46

I suppose that makes sense if they have paid for your training, anyway thanks for your reply i will make a start on the application tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now