Talk

Advanced search

returning to work

(4 Posts)
weequine Wed 01-May-13 19:13:58

My daughter is due to return to work after maternity leave around the 1st July. She had discussed working part time hours with her employer only last week and they were both going to think what would suit each other. Now today she was told there may not be a job to come back to as the owner is winding down the bussiness to retire. Should may daughter be made redundant or what happens. She is a single parent and was depending on going back.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 22:13:41

No expert but yes, I think she should be made redundant. Could she talk to the CAB?

weequine Thu 02-May-13 18:55:06

Thank-you. Since i last posted it has been confirmed that she will be made redundant, but no date yet. She is eligible for maternity pay up to 30th June. So i would imagine it will be after then? Any one know what benefits she would be eligible for. Gets working tax credit and child tax credit at the moment, plus her maternity pay. Any input would be gratefully accepted. Will talk to CAB too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-May-13 22:16:55

Have no idea sorry, hope the cab can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now