Talk

Advanced search

How to write in a 7 year gap in a CV?

(4 Posts)
KayHunt Sun 07-Apr-13 21:13:10

I've spent nearly 7 years as a SAHM. Now I'm feeling the need to gain some financial independence (if the maths work) but I wouldn't know where to start WRT writing the gap into a CV.

I did a Legal Studies certificate in 2010, but apart from that I've got nothing to add.

Can anyone offer any advice to maximize my chances of gaining a job.

I'm looking into admin roles as that is where I've worked in the past.

Thank you!

jkklpu Sun 07-Apr-13 22:22:22

Be honest. Explain what you've learned from being a SAHM with regard to time management, budgeting, monitoring (budgets, homework, behaviour, food stocks, dirty washing) and how you've kept up-to-date with technology (social networks, smartphones). Being a SAHP requires fantastic organisation and constant monitoring of changing circumstances, lots of skills that are really valuable in an office environment.
Good luck.

KayHunt Sun 07-Apr-13 22:37:39

That's a great help, thank you. I shall sit down and write my CV tomorrow, but not on my phone as I've seen the mass of spelling and punctuation errors. blush

Highlander Mon 08-Apr-13 11:08:53

I just put, 'career break to raise young children'. I think adding in time managment etc is a bit meh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now