Talk

Advanced search

single parent half way to a part time chefs job.. any others out there who manage it?

(5 Posts)
metimeatlast Thu 04-Apr-13 19:16:19

so i got a message on face book last night...Are you still interested in a job? (where i used to work) as a part time 20 ish hours chef, not set hours, could be any from 10am to 9.30pm...
i find out in 2 days if ive got the job, my mate who does the hiring and firing (just gota clear it by boss 2, boss 1 has ok'd it)
Ive managed to go back to my old childminder for dd whose 3 and will work until 7pm and drop dd at my mums ( mum and cm in a nearby town 5 miles away) after that if needed, it may mean collect her from mums the next morning or stay at mums with her if im on a 9.30 finish, 10pm getting there.

ok, questions..
Will this situation work?
will it greatly upset DD?
do any of you manage in a similar way?

any advice greatful thanks in advance

metimeatlast Thu 04-Apr-13 21:55:42

i got the job smile

Babyroobs Thu 04-Apr-13 23:56:40

Congratulations on getting the job. I would think it could work well if you have a supportive family and a flexible childminder. Might get a bit trickier once your DD starts pre-school and fulltime school, but I think at 3 they are pretty adaptable. Hope it all works out for you.

Idreamofsheep Fri 05-Apr-13 00:02:38

Congratulations!! I don't know but I think that c. 20 hours per week could work well, as your mum would be helping - could be good for your dd if they get on well.

metimeatlast Fri 05-Apr-13 08:21:18

thanks, we all lived at mums until 9 months ago when i got a house, both kids get on extremely well with mum. ds 16 and attends college, so besides raidingthe cupboards he isnt quite in the equassion for childcare. DD is currently at pre-school, but they will flex too in the sense of let her turn up when we can for her, its another 18 months before she starts propper school, so im just going to give it a whirl, smile cant do much more than try eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now