Advanced search

Back to work in March and need advice on nursery costs

(3 Posts)
Mummykins12 Tue 15-Jan-13 22:11:48

Many thanks smile

goodygumdrops Mon 14-Jan-13 20:55:12

From direct gov site:

"If you’re a couple you must both work 16 hours or more a week. Only one of you has to work these hours if the other is:

entitled to carer’s allowance
in hospital or prison
getting certain benefits or credits for disability or illness - eg Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or a disability premium for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit"

Mummykins12 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:44:46

Hello lovely parents!
I am still new to this so i apologise in advance if i have posted it in the wrong section.
I start work in March im currently on a 20 hour contract and my hubby is on a 30 hour contract.
I want to cut my hours but i don't know how many hours i need to work to be entitled to help with my childcare.
How much help do i get financially?
Who do i contact?
I have been told me and my husband have to work a combined of 16hours or more. Is this right or is it 16 hours each?

As you can tell i'm really confused, hope i can get some advice on here as i'm due to see my 6 month old daughters nursery tomorrow and place a deposit if i am happy.

Many thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now