Advanced search

Teaching assistant courses where to go ?

(4 Posts)
AlexanderS Wed 09-Jan-13 21:05:51

Sorry, there should be at least one.

AlexanderS Wed 09-Jan-13 21:05:07

Yes, look at the websites of your local FE colleges, there be at least one that does Level 2/Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (STALIS). Don't do a dodgy distance learning course like the one offered by ICS, any course that doesn't have a practical component is viewed as worthless by schools. GCSEs in English and Maths are necessary for TAs too in my opinion.

LIZS Wed 09-Jan-13 18:58:23

You're looking for something like this which may be available through an FE college or LA or an equivalent course (such as City and Guilds) with the flexibility to enable you to do it in tandem with working. There may also be shorter courses which might be more easily accessible to you as modules which count towards it.

6692mumof3 Wed 09-Jan-13 18:50:13

Im currently working in a primary school over lunch as a special needs leaning assistant and i cover any hours the special needs teacher is out i would like do a teaching assistant course so i can open my options to do more work but im not sure we're to start . Can anyone give me any advice as what I need to do .. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now