Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your kills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

I went back to work earlier this year. What do I do about tax?

(9 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Wed 31-Oct-12 21:32:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

housesalehelp Wed 31-Oct-12 22:07:25

Have look at this - there is a check that you are self employed - if you are you must register ASAP - if not really you should be employed by your employer and they sort tax and NI

rubyrubyruby Wed 31-Oct-12 22:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ceeveebee Wed 31-Oct-12 22:30:33

I would speak to your "employer" first. If you should be on their payroll it is them that will be in trouble. Is it a big company with a HR department?

housesalehelp Wed 31-Oct-12 22:33:09

its a saving for employers to pay you like this as they don't have to pay employer NI - it can be a bit of saving for you as you can claim some expenses
do they do this with their other employees or is a very small business - or do you work from home?

rubyrubyruby Wed 31-Oct-12 22:46:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyrubyruby Wed 31-Oct-12 22:47:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

housesalehelp Wed 31-Oct-12 22:58:04

have you asked your collegues what they are doing re tax - also you might want to post in money section or employment issues as there are a couple of really goood people that might be able to advice you there - personally I think you are an employee but I am not a tax expert - it also may "rock the boat" and you might want to consider the consquences of that

rubyrubyruby Wed 31-Oct-12 23:03:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now