Talk

Advanced search

How do you calculate if its worth getting a job?

(3 Posts)
TheDeathAndGlories Tue 23-Oct-12 13:56:49

We are at that point income wise that is on the edge of recovering tax credits of not (4children) things are very tight so we've been looking at me getting a Saturday job. My worry is that the very small of extra income I will being in will push us over the limit and our tax credits will stop. They are more than I will be earning
I've done several of the online yet things (entitled to/government) and they give different answers
Having said that neither gives our current amount with our current figures.
Anyway so I am unsure how to find out how much we would get/not get.
I'm perfectly happy to work and lose family time if its worth it but we can't afford to live on less (hence the job)
How do I work out if its worth getting a Saturday job or not?

(Sorry if garbled, I'm on my phone and can't go back)

SouthernComforts Tue 23-Oct-12 14:00:17

I wrote it all down on paper. Income now with tax credits vs income with job. Then write down bills, rent/mortgage etc and see how much you have left.

The only other way is to go to the job centre and get them to do a calculator for you, they don't mind doing 2/3 different scenarios with you.

TheDeathAndGlories Tue 23-Oct-12 14:21:51

Thanks for replying
I'm surprised you can understand what it says. Stupid phone app

I might see if I can speak to the job centre on the phone then as the nearest takes more time than I have while the children to get to and back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now