Talk

Advanced search

What do you wish you did doing your maternity leave?

(4 Posts)
SaBearOz Sat 20-Oct-12 13:17:44

I am returning to work fulltime in just over two months time and DS 11mo will be going to nursery. I know I am lucky to have been able to take this much time off to spend with me.
Just wondering what those who have returned to work would suggest is a must do before my maternity leave ends or perhaps what they wished they did during their maternity leave.

Yama Sat 20-Oct-12 13:21:23

Nothing really. I loved going back to work both times.

Dh took 3 weeks off work for my return the second time which I recommend. It just meant he could worry abut all child related stuff allowing me to totally concentrate on my job.

oscarwilde Wed 24-Oct-12 15:15:48

Lost some weight and toned up hmm. It was a bit of a shock to actually get around to trying on my old work clothes and realising that I was a completely different shape. Not a fat lump, just nothing fitted properly. Cue panic and a lot of expensive shopping. Also found that after pregnancy and mat leave, I had totally lost the ability to walk any distance in high heels. Probably not a bad thing grin but did have lots of trouser suits which needed rehemming

Make food for the freezer. The first month or two back can be really busy and stressful, plus your DC [and therefore you] will pick up lots of colds and other nasties at nursery so its really nice to be able to come home in the evening and just chuck something in the oven and have a nice chilled out bath and bed time with your DC.

chchchchanges Thu 25-Oct-12 08:52:31

Plan. And loosen up about getting everything done. And get numbers of other mums in any groups you've been going to so that you can stay in touch. Get a haircut so you don't need one in the first couple of weeks back and try on your work clothes to see if they still fit. And enjoy your last few weeks rather than worrying about work!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now