Talk

Advanced search

Not been paid. Last month of maternity leave.

(5 Posts)
WhyIRayLiotta Mon 15-Oct-12 09:44:21

I have been on statutory maternity leave. I was due to return to work in mid sept - but after speaking to my line manager I was told I had to use up some of my annual leave before my return. This gave me another month off. However - I expected that as I am off statutory mat - and back on payroll (taking annual leave) - I would be recieving proper salary pay this month??

I've checked my bank and I've been paid £52 shock

Why is this?
Is this all I will get until I am paid next month?

I am really worried. We're already broke and I don't see how I can pay any bills this month and defo won't be able to get any new work clothes

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 15-Oct-12 10:07:11

Shameless bump...

Jules125 Mon 15-Oct-12 13:26:12

Where I work, HR forgot to tell payroll and thus I did not get paid on time when I first returned (also on Annual leave). We went overdrawn as a result and incurred bank charges so it was really annoying!

I would contact your work asap but you should be paid (assuming you are usually Paid for annual leave).

WhyIRayLiotta Tue 16-Oct-12 04:39:43

Thankyou. Yes I do get paid annual leave. I've contacted work and they are checking it out.

Pootle78 Tue 16-Oct-12 11:54:33

This happened to me last December, 3 days before Christmas, expecting a weeks full time wage (as annual leave) and got nothing. at first hr blamed me and my department for not telling them I was returning (I returned on the date they told me to when they confirmed my mat leave) then they told me I'd have to wait til 7th January to be paid, then was told I could be paid before Christmas but have 35% deducted in NI and tax. After politely telling them that both options were unworkable (I hadn't earned enough in year due to mat leave to pay tax) eventually I kept asking to speak to the next level of management until they confirmed it was all their fault and they paid me the correct amount the next day. Make sure you get it sorted with hr and payroll and get them to agree if there are any bank charges due to them not paying you correctly that they will pay these too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now