Talk

Advanced search

Any examiners out there please?

(4 Posts)
WattoGuy Sat 06-Oct-12 17:42:12

I'm currently a SAHM but we are struggling a bit for money. I need some sort of job I can fit in around the DC and I was thinking about exam marking. I have a degree in Chemistry but I haven't used it for about 8 years to be honest. I believe science subject markers are in demand or is that wishful thinking? I have no teaching experience or anything like that. Would exam boards be interested in me do you think? Or would they laugh in my face?

Also, can anybody give me any advice about the workload please? Would just marking papers for a couple of hours in the evenings when the DC are in bed be realistic or would the workload be greater than this? Any tips/advice will be greatfully received!

Thank you in advance

lljkk Sat 06-Oct-12 17:45:42

Giggle78 Mon 08-Oct-12 21:33:32

I suggest you go on the Edexcel, AQA and OCR exam board websites and see if they are recruiting examiners. They will have a link of their website to what they are recruiting.

Its the kind of thing that if you can get in - is really good. Scratch that - its bloody hard work and boring but you get paid a really good wage to be at home. I marked drama exam papers and got around £3.50 per paper. I could do between six and ten in an hour. I just applied f to be a practical drama examiner for the coming summer on Edexcel and that was a simple form that I filled in on line. Good luck.

WattWOOOO Wed 10-Oct-12 14:30:24

Thank you Giggle. I'll have a look. DD is at nursery every afternoon these days and DS has a nap at the same time so I've got a couple of hours spare in the afternoons as well as evenings.

I am WattoGuy by the way - Halloween name change!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now