Talk

Advanced search

8 days left...

(11 Posts)
sleepingbunnies Tue 02-Oct-12 20:25:00

Can't believe I only have 8 days left of my 14 month maternity leave :-(

Going back full time and DP will be staying at home - I am just so sad ... I want to be home with my babies :-(

Make me feel better!!

Nigglenaggle Tue 02-Oct-12 21:54:36

... I had 12weeks and went 2 weeks overdue? You are lucky smile

Gumby Tue 02-Oct-12 21:55:46

14 months shock

And no childcare to worry about envy

Nigglenaggle Tue 02-Oct-12 22:07:37

We are a sympathetic lot here eh? Its tough love hehe

sleepingbunnies Tue 02-Oct-12 22:09:30

niggle I know I know I'm lucky. Although doesn't feel it! I want to be the one at home... DP got made redundant and just hasn't found a job to justify paying our childcare for 2 under 5 so is working nights in a supermarket instead.

I took 3 weeks parental leave at the start due to childminder also going on maternity leave then my full year then holiday...we have never been so skint!!!

sleepingbunnies Tue 02-Oct-12 22:10:55

Yup the sympathy was appreciated! I know i have nothing to moan about I just don't want to go back is all
sad

oscarwilde Mon 15-Oct-12 16:29:25

Wait until you have had a lovely leisurely sandwich, over an hour long lunchbreak, while drinking a hot cup of tea and surfing the internet. Babies, what babies....

narmada Mon 15-Oct-12 22:24:40

sympathy from me. I know some people have it much harder but that doesn't mean you have to put up and shut up ;) . course it is going to be hard for you. but like a PP says you might just even enjoy it....slightly smile

crazyhead Tue 16-Oct-12 22:27:27

I am going back in 2 and a half weeks and have to move house before I am back. So I sympathise, it is tough.

Zombiebunny Wed 17-Oct-12 22:52:08

It has been okish.

But I'm not seeing my babies anywhere near enough. Tonight my eldest fell asleep at 5 because pre school is knackering her out so I havent seen her at all sad I miss my babies sad

MumtoAvaQuaverx Thu 18-Oct-12 09:41:38

I'm due to start full time next week. I feel really guilty. I'm just going to jam as much as I can with my daughter in the weekends and hope things get easier..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now