Talk

Advanced search

back to work after illness

(4 Posts)
purple15 Mon 01-Oct-12 09:06:00

Hi all,

I have had a serious illness and am now coming out the other side. I really fancy getting something maybe 16 hours, although my family think it is too soon.

My dilema is do I offer the information at an interview, dont mention it or see if they ask me anthing which is related to it.

Rockchick1984 Mon 01-Oct-12 10:12:36

If its not relevant, I wouldn't volunteer the information about it. Obviously if it could affect your ability to do the job I'd personally tell them.

If you are feeling ready to look for a job but your family aren't sure you're ready, is there some charity work you could do for a month or so while you job hunt? Just offer to do a day or 2 each week in a charity shop maybe, it will help to boost your confidence if it's been a while since you worked, it means you have something current on your CV, and it shows your family that they are worrying unnecessarily! Good luck with the job hunting by the way!

purple15 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:55:02

The job is something I have seen with my experience, I really think I have a good chance of getting. So it is not looking for a job, just that particular one.

I dont know whether to just give it a go

Rockchick1984 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:58:58

There's no harm in applying for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now