Talk

Advanced search

Anyone using a nursery drop off and pickup?

(2 Posts)
CCLondon Fri 21-Sep-12 11:33:07

Hi,

I work in London and it takes me about an hour to get to work by 9am. Most days. My nursery starts from 8am. Most days I am in work at about 9.10 but lately I have noticed comments in the office and I dont think its being taken well at work. I have the same issue on the other end of the day and am always stressed about train delays meaning I may be late picking her up by 6pm. I should be working until 5.30 each day but spoke to my manager to arrange to finish at 5 to make it back to pick up my daughter by 6pm.

Ok... long background over...

My question is has anyone used an aupair/nanny/etc to do nursery pickup and drop off? How did you go about arranging and if you dont mind me asking what it costs. I was thinking it would be great to get someone for say 3 hours a day (1.5 in am and 1.5 in pm) to give me the peace of mind. I asked one childminder who said that she would class that as a whole day if I dropped my daughter at 7.30 and she took her to nursery and picked her up at 4pm (when she picked up other school kids) and kept her until 6.30pm. I though that was pretty expensive charging me for a full day.

Would love to hear your thoughts?

WillColbert Fri 21-Sep-12 16:32:31

I had this problem when my DS was in nursery. The arrangement that worked for me was that one of the nursery workers came to my house on her way into nursery. I paid her £10 an hour but it was a few years ago. I didn't need the evening pick up as leaving earlier in the morning meant that my journey was quicker (avoided rush hour on the tube) so leaving on time in the evening wasn't an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now