Talk

Advanced search

Want to get some work again

(2 Posts)
bracken101 Mon 24-Oct-11 20:06:07

DD is 1, I was on a fixed term contract which came to an end while on ML. They offered me 2 days a week, which as it was low pay I couldn't manage as it was a long drive for work that was not very fullfilling, and I would not be left with any pay at the end really. I've done a bit of contract work from home since, but this is drying up and I really want to get back into some more regular work. But I really don't know where to start, rural area, science background (PhD), need to use my brain to enjoy it and to feel like it is worth putting DD in childcare. Feel like I have lots of skills but am considered overqualified for most jobs. I had huge trouble getting my previous job because of this - started off with p/t 1 month contract, which was extended and extended as i proved my worth.

So I think my question is has anyone been in a similar situation and can they offer any advice on how to get back into work? We do really need the money - my DH earns enough to just about pay the bills but not much else. I just don't know how to get a job that means I will actually improve our situation, and make me feel like I am using my brain....

Any different types of jobs that I may not have considered? All help much appreciated!

Tillington Tue 25-Oct-11 14:41:38

Hi there
A friend of mine has just taken a job thats part-time flexible / term-time only that doesn't involve selling anything, but is about using your brain and making a difference [www.a2omcic.org]. Good luck with your search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now