Talk

Advanced search

advice please!

(4 Posts)
MissPricklePants Tue 27-Sep-11 22:39:29

Need some advice!I returned to work 6 months ago 2-3 days a week and I am really struggling with it. The job isn't difficult but my dd isn't happy at nursery/my parents and cries for me all day. I feel that I am not being the best mum I can be and I dread going to work, its a long shift each day and its made worse as dd is not settling! i am a single parent trying to boost my degree so I can get a better job in the next year or 2. WIBU for me to reduce my hours and be more reliant on benefits for the next 10-12 months?i would work when ex has dd but he refuses to see her more than once a week.

milk Wed 28-Sep-11 17:25:55

Definitely be more reliant on benefits!!! At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and your family smile

MissPricklePants Wed 28-Sep-11 22:23:48

thanks for the reply!thats what I was thinking but wanted to make sure that I wasn't being pfb

Mummawummadooda Sat 01-Oct-11 17:27:55

Id prefer my taxes to someone who has brains and wants to work but needs a hand for a few months (or a bit longer) than to a life long skiver. Use the benefits you can and progress your ultimate ambitions for the longer term. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now