Talk

Advanced search

Should I take the plunge?

(3 Posts)
wickerman Sat 24-Sep-11 17:48:33

I've been offered a place on a very prestigious course. It's one year, full time, and my immediate response is " I can't, because of the kids." There are good reasons for me to immediately go to this position - I'm a single parent, and both of my kids have health issues, and I don't have relatives or friends who can help me out, and my ex husband is a workaholic who has never helped me out much and is unlikely to suddenly step up now.
However. I have wanted to do this course for 15 years. I applied on a whim this year. It's a course that could radically change my life, my prospects and my self esteem. The thought of doing it makes me skip around in glee.
However, again - it will involve me borrowing a lot of money - it will be EXHAUSTING - I won't see my excellent dds very much for a WHOLE year - I don't know WHAT I will do if one of them gets ill - I am already a witch from stress and fear.
HOWEVER again, doing this course could, if I get through it - make my life WORK in a meaningful way , which in turn would enhance my daughters. ANd stop me becoming a bitter, twisted witch.
Thoughts please?

bonnieslilsister Sat 24-Sep-11 18:19:13

Can you put an advert in The Lady?

You must go for it by hook or by crook! smile xx

roadrunnerbeepbeep Sat 24-Sep-11 21:09:26

Best work advice I ever had - Never be afraid to invest in yourself.

This from someone who became one of the most successful bankers in the US.

Write a list of all the obstacles - and put down as many solutions as you can against each one. If you are really motivated you'll find a way to make it work.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now