Talk

Advanced search

Been a SAHM for 3 years, now offered 2 interviews...

(4 Posts)
MimieD Fri 23-Sep-11 11:48:38

the 2 interviews are for the same company, in finance, as this is where I have all my experience but I feel I have forgotten so much. One job is basically the same what I did previously but different systems. Guess I'll need to prepare and make lists of examples if only I could think! So worried I'm going to go all mumsy and mention my kids while there... Cannot remember last time when I talked all business. Has anyone been in same situation lately? Any tips?

whatsfordinnerthen Fri 23-Sep-11 12:47:25

Yes don't worry you will be brilliant. I think the break can destroy your confidence and I found it was all in my head. Things will come back to you quicker than you think. Remember being a SAHM is a hard job and one in which you will have learnt a lot of skills (e.g. doing 10 things at once, being organised, dealing with the unexpected etc!)

Obviously you will need to do your homework and research the company. Probably don't mention the kids or make demands on flexibility until you have been offered the job. Make sure you are positive and assertive about yourself and what you can do.

Good luck - you can do it!

chutneypig Fri 23-Sep-11 17:02:18

If you going in feeling prepared it makes such a difference to your confidence and adrenaline does kick in too. I've answered questions coherently in an interview I'd never have managed outside an interview situation.

MimieD Wed 28-Sep-11 18:29:12

Thanks for your support! I prepared quite well, wrote down examples to questions like what r your strengths, give an example of going above the call of duty etc. It went great as I didn't feel nervous anymore, and it obviously worked as they invited me for the 2nd round. It's between me and 1 other. All I need to do now is prepare a presentation and present it in front of 3 people.
I have the interview for the other job tomorrow but feel so much more relaxed about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now