Talk

Advanced search

Term Time Employment

(3 Posts)
mummy22gorgeousboys Thu 22-Sep-11 21:28:45

Like all Mums' it's the problem of work vs home. I have just had my DS2, and thinking of putting him into childcare to return to work.

I used to work 6pm - 10pm in a shopping centre and my husband looked after our Son so no issues with childcare etc.

However, DS1 has just started Reception so I need to be able to work term time only as my husband has just changed his job too so I won't be able to work in the evenings anymore.

Anyone know of any term time only employers? Or anyone had any success in asking their employer for term time work?

Any advice much appreciated!

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 22-Sep-11 21:34:03

Apart from the obvious choice of working for educational institutions (not just schools but universities and colleges have staff on term time contracts), as you have a child under 5 you have the right to request unpaid leave of up to 13 weeks per year up to DS2's 5th birthday. More info on the DirectGov pages. That would cover school holidays rather nicely.

Grevling Thu 22-Sep-11 23:23:07

Harriet its 13 weeks upto the 5th birthday not 13 weeks per year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now