Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else see this about working mums?

(6 Posts)
DashingRedhead Wed 21-Sep-11 21:18:32

The best outcome for children in their early years is to have two working parents t.co/ySjSDDky

I wouldn't agree that it's best, I think best is whatever makes the mother happiest, but it certainly bucks the general gloomy media trend.

<Sits back and waits for flaming>

Pancakeflipper Wed 21-Sep-11 21:22:40

Guilt if you work, guilt if you don't. People need to live the lives that are the best for them. Stuff the research. Try to be decent people, love your kids, feed them, clothe them and keep them out of traffic.

onepieceofcremeegg Wed 21-Sep-11 21:24:10

Do what is right/best for your own family as far as is possible, and let everyone else get on with their own lives. smile That's my tip anyway.

LovetheHarp Thu 22-Sep-11 08:38:38

Based on my own observations and experience (limited of course) I would entirely agree with this research.

lollystix Thu 22-Sep-11 22:31:48

Well said pancakeflipper -totally agree.

matana Fri 23-Sep-11 15:36:05

If a child is loved and cared for he or she will thrive.

My sister is a SAHM, her DH earns the wages. I'm a FT working mum with a FT working DH. Both our LOs are happy, healthy, and well provided for.

The flip side is Baby P who never even knew that happiness, love, or emotional closeness exists.

Every day i see my DS smile a hundred times and hear him laugh. That's all the proof i need that i'm doing alright by him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now