Talk

Advanced search

Back to work tomorrow

(7 Posts)
Thefoxsbrush Sun 18-Sep-11 21:00:35

Tomorrow is my first day back at work after having a year off on maternity leave. It's a new job working as a GP receptionist.

I'm so worried about how I'm going to cope with home life- I have a 9 month old, 2.5 year old and 5 year old at home and they take a lot of organising!

My eldest son has just started full time school and my 2 year old is starting a new nursery. Just feel like everything is changing to quickly.

I want to work to provide for my children and have to if I want nice holidays/days out/not to live on breadline. Just wish it wasn't so hard :-(

MatLeaveForever Sun 18-Sep-11 21:17:32

I have no words of wisdom as I'm also nervous as I'll be returning to work next week and leaving my 10 month old....just wanted to wish you good luck on your first day!

PattySimcox Sun 18-Sep-11 22:24:55

Good luck - it will get easier over time and before you know it you'll be in a routine.

I kind of speak from experience having started a new job after 6 years as a sahm.

Thefoxsbrush Sun 18-Sep-11 22:27:06

Thanks! I'm sure it will be ok once I get in a routine.

whatsfordinnerthen Mon 19-Sep-11 12:44:28

Just wanted to say I feel exactly the same. I'm starting a new job soon (after 6 years as practically SAHM) and I know I should feel very lucky to have it but the anticipation of starting it is making me very anxious!

My youngest has just started school as well and I had to leave him crying twice last week so i am feeling a bit crap and irrational about him being in childcare. Its hard coping with so many changes at once.

I am sure you will be fine once you are used to it and it can only get easier. Just remember you are doing the right thing for your family and I am sure it will all fall into place. Let us know how you got on.

Thefoxsbrush Mon 19-Sep-11 18:29:35

Well first day over and it went so well. The hours flew by and it was lovely picking the children up and hearing all their stories about the day. Being organised is definitely the key!

PattySimcox Mon 19-Sep-11 18:45:34

Glad it went well OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now