Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Childcare vouchers

(2 Posts)
smallgingerone Wed 14-Sep-11 14:13:00

I am not sure if this is entirely the right place, but I thought it was the best option.

I have been trying to work out if I am better off taking childcare vouchers from my new job (and my partner from his) or not. I have been on the HMRC website and used their Tax credit calculator and their 'Am I better off taking vouchers' calculator but both give me stageringly different results for the amount of tax credit I will receive.

Does anyone know which is likely to be more accurate? The helpline doesn't seem interested in helping me with my hypothetical income (last couple of years are not an accurate representation of our family income going forward).

Any help gratefully received.

Bohica Sat 17-Sep-11 12:19:19

I have been looking at these vouchers and from what I can see, people who receive tax credits would loose out using the vouchers.

I also think it is unfair that my DH is in one of the highter tax brackets and can not claim as much in the tax free amount as I can in one of the lower paid tax brackets and we also do not receive any tax credits (which is fair enough and not a problem) I think we should both be able to claim the same amount in vouchers to help cover our childcare costs.

Sorry I went a bit off topic there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now